Add this soft scalloped overlay to Taylor to achieve a darling new look. The overlay is also a perfect canvas for a monogram.
Shop pictured look, here. For more patriotic fabric, visit childrenscornerstore.com!
Overlay Fabric requirement – 1/4 yard
Overlay Piping requirement – 1/2 yard
1. Transfer marks to pattern pieces according to Taylor Instructions. You will mark buttonholes on romper front after overlay is applied.
2. Using the template provided for each size cut out the overlay.
3. Trim and clip piping seam allowance to 1/4”. Stitch corded piping to the right side of the bottom scalloped edge of overlay matching raw edges. Pull cording 1/4” out of each end and trim cord to reduce bulk in the seams. Clip seam allowance along scallops especially at points.
4. Press the outer seam of the scallops to the wrong side and press leaving the piping showing along the edge.
5. Pin the overlay to the yoke matching shoulders, neck and armholes. Topstitch the overlay to the romper front by stitching in the ditch between the piping and the overlay fabric. Using an edge foot is helpful.
6. Trim the original front fabric away from behind overlay leaving a 1/4” seam allowance at scallops. Cutting away romper fabric will allow overlay to lie flat and raw seams are covered with lining. Mark buttonholes.
7. Continue to Step #2 in Taylor Instructions to complete romper.
Download the printable pdf instructions here: