We tend to find inspiration in many different places, and when we considered how to use the new Scallops Add-on Pack in an unusual way, we didn't look any farther than the Katina sundress. Like magic, the sleeve band works perfectly as an alternative strap.
Children’s Corner Katina pattern
Children’s Corner Scallops Add on Pack pattern – use pattern piece #4 according to the size Katina dress you are making
Strap: Add 1/4" to the straight edge of the Scallops sleeve band (pattern piece #4) – Cut 4 straps
Pocket: Cut 2 rectangles of dress fabric according to chart below
1. Following the Scallops instructions, with wrong sides together, carefully sew the scalloped edge on the sleeve band (we will now refer to this piece as the strap).
2. Turn the scalloped edge and press well. (this is easiest to do at this stage)
3. Putting wrong sides together again, stitch one short edge and one long edge of the band.
4. Turn strap right side out and press.
5. Strap is now ready to be sewn to Katina back yoke according to Katina directions.
1. To create the scallop top of the pocket, start with the sleeve band pattern piece #4.
2. Fold in the first and last scallop towards the center of the sleeve band, leaving two scallops visible. Cut 2 shortened strips that will become the top of your pocket.
3. Following the Scallops instructions, with wrong sides together, carefully sew the scalloped edge on the sleeve band. (we will now refer to this piece as the scalloped top).
4. Turn and press.
5. Place scalloped top on right side of pocket, matching raw edges. Baste in place.
6. With right sides together, stitch pocket lining and pocket with scalloped top sandwiched between together with 1/4” seams. Leave a 2” opening at the bottom of the pocket.
7. Trim seams and clip corners.
8. Turn and press pocket.
9. Position on Katina dress according to the chart and top stitch around 3 edges 1/8” from the edge catching the opening at the bottom of the pocket.
Download the printable pdf instructions here: